"Witness Marks" is the eighth episode of The Haunting of Hill House.
A familiar terror revisits Shirley and Theo on Halloween night as Hugh and Steve go looking for Luke, who disappeared on a deadly errand.
Hugh Crain admits that he didn't have anyone work on the clock, though Luke saw someone. He never built a treehouse because they were only supposed to be there for 8 weeks.
The sisters drive there and they talk about why Luke's going there. She says that she's not perfect. She asks Theo to tell her about kissing her husband. They begin arguing and Eleanor Crain suddenly screams from the backseat.
Theo runs out of the car and begins crying she tells her that she touched Nell's body and felt nothing. She apologizes and Shirley Crain helps her back up.
Luke pulls up to the house and sees lights turn on. He pours gasoline by the staircase. He counts to seven twice before throwing the lighter. The light doesn't start and he sees his mother at the top reaching for him. Poppy Hill appears and grabs him.
this was the worst plot summary attempt ever
- Michiel Huisman as Steven Crain
- Carla Gugino as Olivia Crain
- Elizabeth Reaser as Shirley Crain
- Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Luke Crain
- Kate Siegel as Theodora Crain
- Victoria Pedretti as Eleanor Crain
- Lulu Wilson as Young Shirley Crain
- Mckenna Grace as Young Theodora Crain
- Paxton Singleton as Young Steve Crain
- Julian Hilliard as Young Luke Crain
- Violet McGraw as Young Nell Crain
- Henry Thomas as Young as Hugh Crain
- The title refers to the physical marks left on a clock when it is repaired. Hugh connects this to the man younger Steven said he saw repairing the clock at Hill House.
|Episodes of The Haunting of Hill House|
|"Steven Sees a Ghost" • "Open Casket" • "Touch" • "The Twin Thing" • "The Bent-Neck Lady" • "Two Storms" • "Eulogy" • "Witness Marks" • "Screaming Meemies" • "Silence Lay Steadily"|