The Haunting Of Bly Mannor is a follow-up to the American anthology supernatural horror drama web television series The Haunting of Hill House, created and directed by Mike Flanagan for Netflix, and will be loosely based on the 1898 horror novella The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. While the creative team and many of the cast of Hill House are returning for Bly Manor, the narratives of the two series will not be connected.
The Haunting of Bly Manor entered production on September 30, 2019, and will premiere on Netflix October 9, 2020.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Victoria Pedretti as Dani Clayton
- Henry Thomas as Henry Wingrave
- Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Peter Quint
- Kate Siegel as TBA
- T'Nia Miller as Hannah Grose
- Catherine Parker as TBA
- Rahul Kohli as Owen
- Benjamin Evan Ainsworth as Miles Wingrave
- Amelie Smith as Flora Wingrave
- Amelia Eve as Jamie
- Tahirah Sharif as Rebecca Jessel
Episodes[edit | edit source]
Episodes of the second season include:
- Episode 1, The Great Good Place, written by Mike Flanagan
- Episode 2, The Pupil, written by James Flanagan
- Episode 3, The Two Faces, Pt. 1, written by Diane Ademu-John
- Episode 4, The Way It Came, written by Laurie Penny
- Episode 5, The Altar of the Dead, written by Angela LaManna
- Episode 6, The Jolly Corner, written by Rebecca Leigh Klingel
- Episode 7 written by The Clarkson Twins
- Episode 8 written by Leah Fong
- Episode 9 written by Julia Bicknell
Development and production[edit | edit source]
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Mike Flanagan said, "I don't want to speculate too much about season two until Netflix, Paramount and Amblin let us know if they want one. What I will say, though, is that as far as I've ever been concerned with this, the story of the Crain family is told. It's done."
On February 21, 2019, Netflix renewed the series for a second season as an anthology series. Titled The Haunting of Bly Manor, it will be based on The Turn of the Screw by Henry James. Though it would serve as a second season to The Haunting of Hill House, the upcoming season will be a standalone story, indicating that there will be "no dramatic link between The Haunting of Bly Manor and its predecessor." It is set to premiere in 2020.
Victoria Pedretti and Oliver Jackson-Cohen return as new characters: Pedretti in the role of Dani, "a governess who takes care of two very unusual children", and Jackson-Cohen will portray Peter, "a charming fellow". Henry Thomas and Kate Siegel will also return for the second season in as-of-yet undisclosed roles.
The Haunting of Bly Manor entered production on September 30, 2019, and wrapped on February 21, 2020.
A poster, as well as the promise of a Fall release, was posted on August 24, 2020.